Tuesday, August 16, 2005

Watching...

Harold and Kumar go to White Castle. The wife rented this as a result of a joke/misunderstanding. It was pretty good, lots of funny moments, some dead spots, and absolutely preposterous, in a good way. An anthropologist could write a thesis on how/why one culture could produce this and Dude, Where's My Car?, especially in a society that already has Bill and Ted's Excellent Adventure, but what are ya gonna do?

I could relate to this movie. Early on, H & K get to where they think there's a WC, but it's been turned into some inferior ripoff where even the drive through guy warns them not to eat. On Monday afternoon, I had to go to Lancaster. I decided to drive there first, then eat lunch, partly because there's a decent burrito place on Columbia Avenue, even if it is a chain. Well, guess what? It's not there anymore. Do you know what it's like to drive 40 miles anticipating something, even a sack of sliders or a mediocre burrito, only to have it cruelly yanked away at the last moment? Harold, Kumar and I do. At least -- SPOILER ALERT! -- they did eventually get to White Castle. I had to settle for Carlos and Charlie's.

No comments: