Monday, February 19, 2007

Gay Is The New Black

It's amazing that a well-known public figure could publicly say of a minority group in 2007:

"You know, I hate [blank] people, so I let it be known. I don't like [blank] people and I don't like to be around [blank] people," he said. "I'm [blank]phobic. I don't like it. It shouldn't be in the world or in the United States."

And it's Black History Month! And it's 60 years since Jackie Robinson first suited up for the Brooklyn Dodgers!

If I were a reflective, ruminative type, I'd say that the fact that Tim Hardaway, a black former professional athlete, can say this about gays in 2007 shows how far we've come since 1947 (or some other arbitrary date), and how far we still need to go.

OK, so Hardaway apologized, lamely, for hating on teh gay. Now how is Dubya gonna explain this:
Speaking of George Bush...Uri Dan recalls that [Ariel] Sharon's delicacy made him reluctant to repeat what the president had told him when they discussed Osama bin Laden. Finally he relented. And here is what the leader of the Western world, valiant warrior in the battle of cultures, promised to do to bin Laden if he caught him: "I will screw him in the ass!"
Stop The War.

No comments: