Sunday, December 16, 2007

Show Your Blog Space Day

As commanded by PSoTD, here's where the magic happens:


When the boy became big enough to demand his own room, *poof* went my office. I got booted downstairs to a space in the living room between the bookshelves. It has actually worked out pretty well because I can casually do things on the 'puter while the rest of the family is downstairs doing their stuff. Plus, it's closer to the kitchen.

The paintings on the wall are two of a set of a dozen or so done by a guy I used to know. In this particular series, he used the same objects, a pair of flower pots, in each image, but did each painting in the style of one of the masters of modern art -- Cezanne, Monet, Picasso, etc. I can't remember which artists these two represent. I know the one on the right has some sort of collage elements, including an obscured theater ticket. The artist, Mike, died not too long after I bought these, about ten years ago.

I had a wireless keyboard and mouse but I didn't like the way they worked. Too clumsy. So my plan here is to cut a hole in the back of the workspace so I can run the wires down behind the monitor, instead of having them dangling over the edge. Or I might move back upstairs, into the last remaining spare bedroom, and let my wife enjoy the convenience of first floor blogging.

No comments: