Tuesday, October 24, 2006

The Internets

Dubya uses the Google. I wonder if he has done a search on miserable failure?
One of the things I’ve used is on the Google is to pull up maps. It’s very interesting to see that. I forgot the name of the program, but you get the satellite and you can — like, I kind of like to look at the ranch on Google, reminds me of where I want to be sometimes.
This is rich. The word in the name of the program he forgot is Earth, as in Google Earth. Ironic. Anyway, it's nice that he's checking on the ranch in Crawford -- he's probably seeing if the brush needs to be cleared. At least, that's what he'll admit to using it for. I'll bet he's probably also peeking at the mountains of Pakistan, trying to figure out

WHERE'S BIN LADEN?

Maybe he's also using SimCity to try to reconstruct Baghdad. I'm sure Uncle Dick and Uncle Don don't let him play with any of the real cool stuff in the basement.

Here's the second part of what he said:
I tend not to email or — not only tend not to email, I don't email, because of the different record requests that can happen to a president. I don’t want to receive emails because, you know, there’s no telling what somebody’s email may — it would show up as, you know, a part of some kind of a story, and I wouldn’t be able to say, `Well, I didn’t read the email. 'But I sent it to your address, how can you say you didn’t?' So, in other words, I’m very cautious about emailing.
I think he's earned the benefit of the doubt that he doesn't read almost anything that's sent or given to him. He didn't read the August 6, 2001 Presidential Daily Briefing entitled "Bin Laden Determined To Strike In U.S." He didn't listen when the National Weather Service said Katrina was going to destroy New Orleans. Why would he read e-mail? See no e-mail, hear no e-mail, speak no e-mail.

Believe me, this country is better off without this fool opening any e-mails.
Dear Bush

I am the manager of bill and exchange at the foreign remittance department BANK
OF AFRICA .

In my department we discovered an abandoned sum of U.S$25M US dollars
(Twenty five Million US dollars) in an account that belongs to one of
our foreign customer who died along with his entire family in November 2002
in a plane crash.

Since we got information about his death, we have been expecting his
next if kin to come over and claim his money because we cannot release it
unless somebody applies for it as next of kin or relation to the deceased as
indicated in our banking guidlines and laws but unfortunately we learnt
that all his supposed next of kin or relation died alongside with him at the
plane crash leaving nobody behind for the claim.

It is therefore upon this discovery that I now decided to make this
business proposal to you so that the money will be released to you as the next
of kin or relation to the deceased for safety and subsequent disbursement
since nobody is coming for it and we don't want this money to go into the
bank treasury as unclaimed bill.

The banking law and guidline here stipulates that if such money
remained unclaimed after four years, the money will be transfered into the bank
treasury as unclaimed bill. The request of foreigner as next of kin in
this business is occassioned by the fact that the customer was a foreigner
and a Burkinabe cannot stand as next of kin to a foreigner.

I propose that 30% of this money will be for you as my foreign
partner, in respect to the provision of a foreign account, 10% will be set aside
for expenses incured during the business and 60% would be for me.
Thereafter I will visit your country for disbursement according to the percentages
indicated.

Therefore, to enable the immediate transfer of this fund to you as
arranged, you must apply first to the bank as relation or next of kin of the
deceased indicating your bank name, your bank account number, your private
telephone and fax number for easy and effective communication and location
wherein the money will be remitted.

Upon receipt of your reply, I will send to you by e-mail a text of the
application which you'll fill in and send to the bank's email address..
I will not fail to bring to your notice that this transaction is
hitch-free and that you should not entertain any atom of fear as all required
arrangements have been made for the transfer.

You should contact me immediately as soon as you receive this letter
for further clearifications.

Yours faithfully,
. DR AMIRI BABO

No comments: