Friday, July 27, 2007

Video Vault: The Hives, Hate To Say I Told You So

When I first heard this song, and then saw the video, I thought this band would be huge. This was back around 2000-2001, just before the whole neo-post-punk thing was ready to explode with the Strokes, the Killers, Franz Ferdinand, etc. etc.

Three of my favorite bands today are Interpol, the White Stripes, and especially the Arctic Monkeys. In this video, the Hives put together almost everything that's great about those bands in one package of three minutes and nineteen seconds.

I'm not sure what went wrong for these guys. Their second album (the one after the album this song was on) got a lot of hype before it came out, but it sank without a trace.


1 comment:

D.B. Echo said...

Something about this song makes me want to by a new car.